Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The beginning: crossing over to the dark side

Alas, I have indeed decided to cross over to the dark side and create my very own blog. While I do understand the positives to letting folks know what I'm up to, especially considering my once gypsy-like ways, I am not necessarily keen on the blog culture replacing person-to-person interactions. So those of you I bug on a consistent basis, this blog will NOT replace my annoying phone calls and such. Sorry, but thems the breaks!


I also have decided to utilize this blog as a tool for my photography business, as my real website seems doomed to be perpetually under construction. I'm working on that, but in the meantime, I will have something else to point people to.


For those of you who are unfamiliar with what it is I do, I am lucky enough to be a photographer at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO. I shoot everything from portraits, to big events, to the ever-popular military "grip & grin," to sports. Pretty much, you name it, I shoot it. My favorite things to shoot involve living things. Not so terribly keen on landscapes or product shots, but you give that subject a heartbeat, and I dig it.


In my attempt to fulfill my fresh New Year's Resolution, I am going to be posting at least one new shot every week. (If I don't maintain this effort, please feel free to send me a scathing comment to get off my hind end and get to it.) So without further ado, here are some shots that I particularly enjoyed. While I won't hound anyone for comments, if you do specifically appreciate a photo, please let me know. Likewise if you absolutely hate something. Photography is an art form people! I don't expect you to appreciate everything my eye sees. Sometimes I like things because they are different.


Case in point:




Air Force Photo/Rachel Boettcher


I know- lovely choice for the first picture ever on my first blog. But, maybe I now have your attention.

I'll put some pretties up a bit later, but for now, here are some of the nitty gritty that I shoot. I guess I'm in that kind of mood.



Air Force Photo/Rachel Boettcher




Air Force Photo/Rachel Boettcher




Air Force Photo/Rachel Boettcher



And a little sunshine for you day too...




Air Force Photo/Rachel Boettcher





I hope ya'll have enjoyed the first installment of Lifesketch Photography. And I hope you are all having a spectacular day.

Cheers!

Rachel Boettcher



1 comment:

momboe said...

I love love love the blog! More more more more more more pictures! Tell us why you like these and any special photo techniques you used so we can all have your secrets!
Thanks for sharing your world!
The one with the gun and the guy in the background is great. There is such an intensity about it, like there is a message we are supposed be figuring out.
Alex's picture is hilarious!
Keep up the good work!